Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week, we’re talking about Rainy Day Reads. We’ve had a lot of rainy days here lately. Honestly, I think any book could work for a rainy day read, but here are my top 10 choices.
What makes a book a rainy day book? To me, it’s an easy to read book that I could read over and over again. It’s one that I can just curl up with and read all day because it pulls me into their world.
- The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Be sure to check out the other lists around the blogosphere!